Another summer variation of overnight oats for the peanut butter lovers and that wonderful time of year known as strawberry season.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Sit Time: Overnight or 8+ hours | Serves: 1
Base Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- 1 tbspn ground flax seed
- 1 tbpsn chia seeds
- 1 cup of any kind of milk
Blueberry Oats Toppings
- 1 heaping tbpsn of peanut butter
- 1-2 drops of vanilla extract
- A drizzle of honey or maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth
- Handful of fresh chopped strawberries
Place all ingredients in a mason jar or other similar-sized container. Mix/shake well and leave in the fridge overnight.
Warm in microwave or on the stove before eating in the morning.
Meal Prep Note: To get a head start on your busy week, pull out five mason jars/containers on Sunday. Fill each jar with the dry ingredients (1/2 cup oats, 1 tbspn flax seed, 1 tbpsn chia seed, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp almonds) and set aside – no need to refrigerate this mixture. Each night before bed, add the wet ingredients (1 cup of milk, a few drops of vanilla, and a handful of strawberries, peanut butter). Then pat yourself on the back for being an efficient breakfast maker!
- Starting with just the base recipe, the variations here are pretty endless. Google “overnight oats” for a plethora of delicious ideas.