If you’ve never attempted making salad dressing before, I really encourage you to give this one a go. It’s as simple as “combine and shake”. Best of all, it’s tasty and you know exactly what went into it! This is my go-to dressing when I’m making a salad at home or tossing a simple romaine side dish for guests. Recipe via Melissa a’Arabian.
Prep Time: 3 min | Cook Time: 1 min | Serves: about 4 salads
- 3 tbpsn grated parmesan
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbpsn red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Or, if you’re a southern gal like me, toss everything into a mason jar and give it a real good shake.
Serve over fresh cut romaine or your favorite salad.
- We frequently use a similar lineup when we make grilled romaine salad. From that recipe, I know adding a small bit of finely chopped red onion would go well in this too.
- Not mustard-y enough for you? Up the dijon ratio by a tsp or two.