she stills makes them better! from Annie’s Eats Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 16 min | Yields: 20 Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. (10 5/8 oz.) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. (¾ cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup (7 oz.) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (3½ oz.) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven 325°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside. With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Form dough into medium-sized, slightly flattened balls and place on cookie sheet a few inches apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes until the center appears solid and the edges are lightly brown. Be careful not to overbake!
I like to prepare the cookie dough, roll it into a log, wrap it in freezer-proof materials, and then store it away for tough days. Great to break out for unexpected company as well.