this feisty little dinner is fun to make and relatively quick to whip up. the lime and jalapeño make this dish a summertime staple in our house. from Cooking Light’s pasta cookbook.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves: 4
- 1 tbspn olive oil, divided
- 12 oz of carrot juice (or a carrot juice blend), divided
- 1/4 uncooked couscous
- 1/4 fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tsp minced and seed jalapeño peppers
- 2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked, peeled, and deveined medium shrimp
Combine 1 tsp oil and 1 cup carrot juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat and let stand five minutes.
While couscous stands, bring remaining carrot juice to a boil in a small saucepan, cook until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat, stir in 2 teaspoons oil, lime juice, jalapeño, ginger, and salt.
Fluff couscous with a fork, stir in 1/4 cup reduced carrot juice mixture and onions. Combine remaining carrot juice mixture, greens, and shrimp in a bowl, tossing gently to coat. Place couscous mixture on each of 4 plates, top with shrimp mixture.